HEALING A TATTOO:
- Listen to your tattooer, NOT your bonehead friends!
- Leave bandage on for 6-12 hours. As soon as it is removed, have a long, hot shower – this is the last time you can get your tattoo good and wet for 7-10 days.
- Clean your new tattoo gently, but well, during your initial shower. Use a mild soap (unscented) and a clean face cloth.
- After your shower, pat your tattoo dry with a clean towel. Used, dirty towels will greatly increase the risk of infection.
- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WASH YOUR HANDS IF YOU FEEL COMPELLED TO TOUCH THE DAMN THING!
- Let the tattoo dry out for the next week or so. Quick showers are fine – keep the tattoo clean – but avoid soaking of any kind. NO SWIMMING. NO HOT TUBS. NO TANNING.
- Around the 4th or 5th day you can use a white/unscented skin moisturizer once or twice a day. This will NOT make the tattoo heal any faster, but it will alleviate any dryness or itchiness.
- If you notice any heavy scabbing DO NOT PICK AT IT! Everyone heals at their own speed and it will get there eventually. Honest. There is no miracle wax or mystic lotion that will turn you into Wolverine. Keep it simple and follow the rules.
- Your tattoo may appear “milky” or shiny near the end of the healing process. A little moisturizer will put that to bed.
- Be patient! Healing the tattoo is your responsibility, but you can always call us if you have any questions or concerns.